Sunday, March 05, 2006

Which Jane Austen Herione Are You?

I couldn't resist posting this fun little internet quiz. I ran across it while looking for some old-fashioned/victorian clipart. Of course, I had to take it immediately!

http://quizilla.com/users/elenna10/quizzes/Which%20Jane%20Austen%20heroine%20are%20you?/

Turns out I'm Elizabeth Bennet. She's one of my very favorite Austen heriones, so I can't say I'm not pleased...though I was a bit surprised. Apparently my love of walks in the fresh air and my understanding of love as something that comes over one gradually weighed in more heavily than the fact that I can't really describe myself as witty or vivacious!

I enjoy taking these silly kinds of quizzes from time to time, and Austenophile that I am, this one was especially fun. You only rarely see literary quizzes, since most of them seem centered on movies and television shows. This makes me want to look for more bookish quizzes. If I find any other good ones, I'll post them here.

Still hoping to have time to do my "reading round-up" for February later today.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Hooray for Jane Austen! I'm on a bit of a kick right now. I think I'm going to rent that mini-series very soon. Before I take the quiz, I am going to predict that I will come out as Elinor. Let's see if I'm right...

Erin said...

Hmmm, turns out I'm Elizabeth too! Though I thought the answers to several questions were quite similar and had trouble deciding...

Beth said...

Hee hee! Makes you wonder if they haven't set the quiz so there's an extra number of "Elizabeth Bennet" results -- she's such a popular Austen heroine. It's funny that you predicted you'd come out as Elinor. I was sure I'd be either Elinor or Jane Bennet, Elizabeth's sister.

Let me know if you rent the mini-series. It's 5 or 6 hours long, but the time flies. I predict you'll be hooked within a few minutes and watch the whole thing in only a couple of sittings. It's probably my favorite movie of all time!

Beth