Monday, May 22, 2006

Dandelion and Rain Puddle


It's been raining and raining lately...seems like most of the past month! Today was a beautifully clear, blue-sky day, but I thought I'd go on and post one of our rainy day pictures from a few weeks ago.

My sweet girl has a fascination with puddles, as you can see. She loves to jump in them (much to her Mommy's secret delight and her Daddy's chagrin). She also loves dandelions!

Lately we've been reading a lot of stories about rain. Some of our favorites include Splish! Splash! A Book About Rain (where we learned all about the water cycle), Amy Loves the Rain, and Rabbits and Raindrops.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Hooray for puddles! I've always loved jumping in them too. :D

Beth said...

Me too! When I was growing up, our gravel driveway had a sort of dip or depression in the middle, and when it rained during the day (when my Daddy had the car at work) we'd get a great puddle there. I used to love to splash around in that, and also to float leaf boats down the drainage ditches!

Erin said...

Our neighbor's yard must be extra low or something; there's always a lake there after a big rain, and we used to go swimming in it when we were little. :)