Sunday, September 17, 2006

I Was Just Wondering....

The sweet girl came up with another really great question for me today. She was in the bathroom and I was in the kitchen, and suddenly I heard a bump followed by a yell. Startled, I glanced up and then heard her shout in an agitated and indignant voice: "I FELL OFF the potty!" This is not (thankfully) something she does every day. I called back "what happend?" and she shouted "I was TRYING to count my toes!"

At this point D. and I (he was also in the kitchen) were having a hard time swallowing our laughter. Chuckling, I headed into the bathroom where I said teasingly "You were counting your toes? You still have ten!" And sweet girl, rubbing her head somewhat ruefully from the bump against the sink, looked down at her feet and asked thoughtfully "Will you still have ten toes when you're eleven?"

I really am beginning to think she might end up writing science fiction...

2 comments:

Erin said...

Hehehe, I got a good chuckle out of that little tale! :D

Beth said...

Always glad to provide a chuckle! My daughter frequently cracks me up these days... :-)