Sunday, October 15, 2006

I've Found My Autumn Tea


Sweet Girl has been asking for fruit leather (just about her favorite snack) so yesterday we set off to run some errands and ended up at our town's little health food store, about five blocks away. While I was poking among all the good and yummy things in the back aisle, I came across a kind of Celestial Seasonings tea that I'd never seen before. I don't think it's new, but it's new to me. "Can we get it, Mommy?" asked S., to which I usually reply "not this time." But I was in the mood to splurge, and I'm so glad I did!

"Black Cherry Berry" tastes just like it sounds...a sweet, dark, juicy cherry with just a hint of tart berry. It smells like cobbler warm from the oven. You don't have to add any sweetner to it and it tastes just wonderful. It's caffeine free, and the longer you steep it, the better it tastes.

A great tea for autumn!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I'm not much of a tea drinker, but this sounds yummy!

On a semi-related note, I made my first unscientific attempt at butterbeer today. Nearly full mug of cider, a splash of milk, a hearty squeeze of caramel sauce and a squirt of whipped cream. Tasty, but still mostly just cider... Next time I shall reverse the proportions of the milk and the cider. For some reason I feel like I want at least a little of that apple in there...

Beth said...

Mmmm...that sounds good! What kind of caramel sauce did you use?

I'm not a coffee drinker at all, but I love tea, and I'm especially fond of fruit teas. I'd never seen a cherry flavored one before and I was really psyched. Even more excited now that I've had two cups and know it tastes as good as it smells.

Let me know if you manage to create the perfect butterbeer recipe!