Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Light Looks Different This Morning

The light really does look different this morning. I know it sounds crazy -- it's still January (though the last day!) and it's still 19 degrees outside (feels like 15 in the wind) but when I walked into the living room this morning, the way the light filtered through the blinds made me catch my breath. There was this small golden tint to the light, a sort of deepening, as though the morning itself was stretching out hopeful fingers toward a still far-off, but not as far-off, spring.

Oh yes, spring. We shall get there eventually.

Off to weather some more winter...

3 comments:

Erin said...

Ooooh, sounds gorgeous! We have a prism hanging in front of our front window, and some days the sun hits it just right and sends rainbows skittering all over the living room, like in Pollyanna. Hasn't happened in a while, but I'm looking forward to that!

Beth said...

You know, I never read Polyanna. Must rectify that sometime. So many books, so little time! (There's a reason I call this site "Endless Books"...!)

I really am so pleased that the light looks so lovely today...all day it's just had a bit of that golden glow about it. Cold, but looking different. Hallelujah!

Erin said...

To tell you the truth, I haven't either! But I saw the movie with Hayley Mills, as well Polly, with Keisha Knight Pulliam from The Cosby Show, which I absolutely loved. It was one that we had taped, and then we lost it, and I'm bummed because it was never released on video or DVD. I'm really hoping they decide to do so one of these days!