Tuesday, January 15, 2008

"Snowflakes are Falling, Falling Very Gently"

The sweet girl has been warbling this snow song all day long (it's from one of her old Kindermusik CDs, which has songs about different kinds of weather). It's cold again, and indeed, snowing very gently.

I took this picture of the stone angel across the street during one of our last beautiful snows. Several years ago, I named the two stone angels in the parking lot next to our building. I'm not sure if I remember which one is which, but I'm fairly certain this one is Patience. The other is Serenity.

4 comments:

Paul and Kim said...

So your naming the stone angels across the street...I think you may have a wee touch of cabin fever! Also I must tell you that I envy your ability to reflect so deeply on life and wish I could read like you! I hope that makes sense!

Beth said...

Hi Kim!
Well...I named the stone angels years ago (when S. was a baby...yes, probably had cabin fever then)! I also named the stone lions, which S. used to pat on the heads when she was a toddler. I was in tears when they took one of them out a couple of years ago; Gryffindor was our favorite. :-)

Thanks for your sweet comment...I love to read and reflect, maybe too much! I often wish I had more of an activist bent. But then, I also sometimes wish I just had more time, much more time, to read!

Erin said...

What a beautiful picture! We're still getting the snow here, and it's very pretty out - very cold, but very pretty! ;)

Beth said...

Thanks! Yep, we're cold and snowy too -- we never get as much snow as you all, but we've had a bit this week. And yes, it's very, very cold! I've not been venturing out much to take photographs in this weather!