Friday, April 24, 2009

Seventeen Years

If you'd been taking a walk with me and the sweet girl yesterday, you would likely have overheard this conversation:

Me: Do you know what Saturday is?
Sweet Girl: No, what?
M: It's the 25th. Do you know what we celebrate on the 25th?
S: Christmas?
(No, she doesn't really think it's Christmas time, she's just very literal. Please note that I didn't specify which 25th I was referring to!
M: (laughing) No, I meant APRIL 25th. It's Mommy and Daddy's anniversary. We're celebrating 17 years since we got married.
S: (with a squeal) HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! (a pause, then...) Wow, 17 years is very impressive. I'm proud of you and want to give you a kiss!

I couldn't help but laugh she planted a kiss on my cheek. I think that's one of the nicest anniversary greetings I've ever had.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Awww, what a terrific anniversary greeting! Hope you had a great day! :D

Beth said...

Thanks! We definitely did. :-)