Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Lewis Reviews

I just posted my review of A Reader's Guide to Caspian: A Journey Into C.S. Lewis's Narnia over at Epinions. This is an excellent "guided tour" through Prince Caspian penned by two devoted Lewis scholars/researchers/teachers: Leland Ryken and Marjorie Lamp Mead.

I'm on a major Lewisian reading kick right now, working my way slowly (note-taking as I go) through Lewis' An Experiment in Criticism, reading a number of Lewis related essays, beginning to re-read Planet Narnia, and watching the Prince Caspian film (for the first time since the theater). I'm hoping to do more writing about Lewis in the coming weeks, both review work and notes for a possible course proposal.

I also realized, when I posted this evening, that over the past few years I have slowly built a small but growing body of Lewis-related reviews at Eps. He is such an important writer of my heart. I linked to several of my other reviews in tonight's post, and some of those links take you to others as well. I'm a bit frustrated that the wonky search engine there does not always yield my actual reviews when you type in certain book titles (as I discovered tonight)...so for now I will just keep linking!

No comments: