Saturday, February 06, 2010

Snow Had Fallen, Snow on Snow...

I know it's not anywhere near the bleak midwinter, but I've still had the Christina Rossetti hymn in my head all day...

Lots of other areas got much more, but this is still the biggest snowfall (at 15 inches or so) that we've ever seen in our twelve plus years in this river valley.



Our little snow-angel loves it!



It looks beautiful on the sycamores.



The small tree on the corner (some sort of cedar, I think) seemed less sure. I wasn't sure whether or not it looked more like he was bent over from carrying the heavy burden of winter, or bowing in humble awe and respect at what powerful winter had wrought in the space of several hours. I'm hoping he will fully rebound.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Wonderful photos! Our huge blizzard came about a month ago; we've barely gotten any this month. I suddenly have an urge to make a snow angel... :D

Beth said...

We really got socked! I think we got between 15-16 inches; some areas nearby (not in the valley) got up to 21. It's beautiful to look at, but digging out has been exhausting! Church even got cancelled today...there just wasn't any way anyone could get there, or find parking anywhere close.