Monday, November 22, 2010

Five Favorite Authors

The sweet girl heard me talking about the "15 favorite authors" meme making the rounds on Facebook (a meme I've not yet had a chance to do!) and decided she'd like to make a list of her favorite 5.

Here it is, penciled this morning at breakfast. She told me these aren't in order of importance, just how they came to her. (I retained the original spelling for your enjoyment. Her spelling is truly improving, but names are hard!)

1. Beetris Poter
2. Loes Elert
3. Lara Wileder
4. Beverly Clery
5. E.B. White

5 comments:

Erin said...

A great list! Probably not too different from what mine would've been back then. And some of them would make the list today!

Beth said...

I'm guessing your's might be spelled differently though. :-)

Erin said...

Hehe, yes, I suppose so! Not too shabby, though... :)

Free Range Anglican said...

I think her spelling is wonderful. N was charmed that she's memorizing the same poem he had to memorize... funny how that happens, kiddo... he agrees with Beverly Cleary and adds Donald Sobol and "whoever wrote the science book I'm reading right now, and whoever wrote the Hardy Boys."

Beth said...

Yes, I actually think the spelling is pretty grand. I especially like Wileder for Wilder...Wile as in "wiles"!

Donald Sobol -- is he the Encyclopedia Brown author? Alas, I've not been able to get S. into mysteries yet, except for Boxcar Children. Not for lack of trying. She's sometimes hovering in reluctant reader zone lately. It's not that she can't read well, she's just not doing it much without lots of prodding, though we're continuing to do tons of read-aloud which she thoroughly enjoys. I am patiently reminding my reader self that this is a phase. She is loving drawing and painting and doing tons of that...