Saturday, February 13, 2016

"Mercy Embraces Those Who Trust in the Lord"

More goodness from the Psalms for my tired but trusting heart this morning. "...mercy embraces those who trust in the Lord" is from Psalm 32:11. Earlier in the Psalm, we read these words:

7 Therefore all the faithful will make their prayers to you in
time of trouble; *
when the great waters overflow, they shall not reach them.

8 You are my hiding-place;
you preserve me from trouble; *
you surround me with shouts of deliverance.

9 "I will instruct you and teach you in the way that you
should go; *
I will guide you with my eye.

The waters are overflowing, Jesus. Right now it feels like I am caught in a flood. Let your mercy keep me safe in swift currents threatening to overwhelm me. There are times I am resting secure, but times when I feel fear and pain and uncertainty threatening to overtake me. Do not let them overcome me, Lord. You promise that when the great waters overflow, they will not reach me, that you will preserve me instead. Be my life preserver. Let me hear your shouts of deliverance, loud and long enough for me to know you're coming to my rescue.

And do guide me with your eye. There is no other eye that sees further than yours. You know every single step of the road ahead for me and for my family. Do not let us step anywhere on this path without you. Help me to follow so closely in your footsteps that I'm like a clinging child who keeps stepping on your heels and grabbing your hand. I don't want to make a move without you, Jesus. Teach me in the way I should go, step by step.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Such a beautiful post. Jesus is your bridge over troubled water. O:-)

Beth said...

He is indeed!